Friday, March 30, 2012

Easy Tape Manicure

Hello There!
I hope you are having a lovely week!  So this morning I went to CVS to get a new bottle Seche Vite top coat, which was much needed, and I ran into Essie's new collection.  All of the colors are beautiful, but the one that caught my eye was A Crewed Interest.

A Crewed Interest is the base color for this design.  It is a really nice peach color.  Before recently, I was not a huge fan of Essie polishes because of the small brush.  However, I really like the pigmentation in most of their polishes.  This particular polish is definitely a one coater!  I really love this polish!
As for the rest of this look, I actually did NOT start with OPI top coat.  I am trying out Essie Grow Stronger strengthening base coat.  I will do a full review on this after I have used it for a while.  Then I used one coat of Essie A Crewed Interest.  Then I put a piece of scotch tape diagonally across my nail and used Essie Tart Deco to make a diagonal stripe.  When I originally bought Tart Deco, I thought it would look more like A Crewed Interest.  Even though it's not what I expected, it is a gorgeous color!  For the middle gold stripe I used my Kiss gold glitter polish.  This is a great way to cover up any mistakes from removing the tape.  Then i finished it off with Seche Vite.  I hope you try this out, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
~ Mary Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment