Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fun with Essie

Hey guys!
Sorry it's been a while.  It's been a crazy week.  Anyway, today's post is a manicure that I did this weekend.  These colors were given to me by my cousin Becky for Christmas.  Thanks Becky!

My OPI base coat, which I am currently scrapping the bottom of the bottle of, was the first step.  Next I applied two coats of Essie Mochachino, which is a pretty grey color.  Then I used Essie Carry On with Konad plate m65.  Technically they say that you are supposed to use the Konad special polishes, but a solid regular polish works just as well.  It might not be quite as opaque as the special polishes, but the work well enough.  Then I used the same Carry On color to make a diagonal swipe across my nail.  Then I used my Kiss art polish in silver glitter polish to line that swipe.  I finished it all off with Seche Vite top coat.  I am really enjoying these polishes.  I have never been a real big fan of Essie because of the small brushes.  They can tend to be kind of streaky.  However, with these, two coats makes them look really pretty.  Thanks again Becky for these lovely colors!!
So I hope you all enjoyed this post! Let me know how y'all would feel about more konad posts, like maybe a tutorial or an info post.  I will hopefully have my Jan/Feb favorites post up soon.  Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!
~ Mary Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment