Sunday, February 26, 2012

Essie Matte About You Review

Hey everyone!
I have a very exciting post today!  I have been looking for Essie Matte About You top coat for a really long time.  Every time I went to Ulta I would look for it, but I searched in vain.  However this trip I FINALLY FOUND IT!  I thought I would show you guys swatches of my first use of it.

Initial thoughts: I love the idea.  The ability to turn any polish matte is really cool!  I like how quickly it dries to that matte finish.  I recommend using two coats to get a really matte finish.  The downsides: It is really hard to get messed off when your nail polish is matte.  I got paint on my nails while painting sets for our school musical, and it was impossible to get off.  Also, the matte becomes shiny after a while.  When you get things like grease or lotion on your nails it becomes a little bit shiny.  Another coat will fix it, but I personally don't like using more than three coats because it chips more quickly.  Overall I like this top coat, and I can't wait to try it on other colors and textures.
I hope this was helpful to you, and I hope you will try this out (if you can find it).  Hope you have a wonderful week!
~Mary Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. I really like the look of it i must say! But i can imagine that it wears of with ex hand cream. I am totally addicted to my hand cream so maybe not for me this product...

    What is really cool that my sis does all the time is to make french tips with it!! looks awesome!

    love K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try the french tips idea! And yes, hand cream and matte nails are not friends lol

      Delete