Sunday, January 15, 2012

OPI Matte Nail Polish Review

Hey Y'all!
I recently tried OPI matte nail polish in Gargantuan Green Grape.  I'd never tried OPI's matte polish before, so I thought I'd see how well it worked.  Here is what it looked like when i applied it.


With flash

without flash
So, here are the pros and cons of this polish.
PROS:
- dries quickly
- looks very clean after the second coat
- has pretty good staying power
CONS:
- you are not supposed to use top coat or lotion, so it is a little bit limiting.
- easy to mess up, especially within the first couple hours
- takes two coats to look solid and not streaky (not too much of a con)
- when you take it off, it kind of tints your nails green

Overall, I like this polish.  It lasted all week and I got a lot of compliments.  One problem I found is that the longer I wore it, the shinier it got due to washing my hands.  Other than that, I think this is a nail polish worth trying.  I plan on trying other OPI mattes.
I hope y'all enjoyed this review, and have a great day!

~ Mary Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment