Saturday, January 28, 2012

My First Attempt at a Patchwork Mani

Hey there!
First of all, I am at my grandparents' house, so I will be posting a bunch this weekend! Anyway, last weekend I was checking out Chloe's Nails, a blog all about nails and nail polish.  Erika does some really awesome designs.  I decided to try a patchwork manicure inspired by hers. 

As you can see, it didn't come out perfect or anything, but I think it is a cool idea.  I started with my OPI base coat.  Next I used one coat (that's all you really need) of Sally Hansen's complete salon manicure in Navy Baby and let it dry for about 15 minutes.  Next I took a piece of scotch tape and unstickied it on my hand.  Then I placed it diagonally on different areas of my nails.  I painted over the places not covered in tape with Sally Hansen Celeb City.  Once that dried, I did the same thing with OPI No Room for the Blues.  Finally I used Seche Vite top coat (which I will be doing a review on soon!).  This look really isn't difficult, it just takes a long time.  I hope you try this out, and be sure to check out Chloe's Nails at http://chloesnails.blogspot.com/
~ Mary Elizabeth Curl
PS follow me on twitter for heads ups on new posts, life updates, and other randomness at www.twitter.com/theatre_geek151

No comments:

Post a Comment