Monday, January 16, 2012

A Cool Twist on a French Manicure

Hey guys!
Yesterday I decided to do a french manicure on my nails.  However, I really wanted to try my new nail polish, "Fly" by OPI.  So I decided to use "Fly" in my french!
Unfortunately I messed up a little on the black :(

So this is how I did it: I used my usual base coat (OPI natural base coat), and when that dried I used one coat of OPI's Moon Over Mumbai all over my nails.  This gives the same kind of effect as using a light pink over a regular french manicure, but it looks better with the blue and doesn't fade the color.  Then I used OPI Fly for the initial tips.  This color is gorgeous, but it takes two coats to look really solid.  Next I used a thin line of Kiss black art polish to make it look a little more finished.  Finally I put a top coat on top. 
     I hope you guys like this design! Feel free to comment with ways you would rather me present these that would be more helpful to you!  Thanks for reading!

~ Mary Elizabeth
"There could never be a more beautiful you!" - Jonny Diaz

No comments:

Post a Comment