Thursday, May 2, 2013

For Lakim

Good Morning!
Today's post is going to be a little different.  Normally I use this blog to share my love of nail polish with you guys.  However, I want to use today's post to simply share my heart with you.  On Tuesday morning a good friend of mine passed away.  I didn't know him for very long, but the time I did get to spend with him was an absolute blessing from God. He was one of the friendliest, most energetic people I have ever met.  The amount of people that he touched is astounding, and I hope that God will use me to touch as many people as Lakim.  He taught me to be me and not judge others for being them.  He didn't care what you thought of him; he was gonna be his crazy self whether you liked it or not.  I hope that I can use this experience to live free of what other people will think of me and just be who God made me. 
This post is not meant to depress you guys or make you sorry for me, but I do want to ask y'all to pray for his family and the students on my campus that are struggling right now.  Several of my friends were incredibly close with him, and they are really having a hard time right now.  Thanks for reading, and have a top notch Thursday!
~ Mary Elizabeth
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

2 comments:

  1. There was a suicide attempt at school recently so I sort of understand what you're going through. Keeping him and you in my thoughts. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will keep your school in my prayers as well

      Delete