Wednesday, May 22, 2013

First Try: Feather Freehand

Hello lovelies!
Today's post is another installment of my ongoing first try series.  I saw a design similar to this on pinterest and thought I would give it a shot.  I tried this feather design on two different nail looks.  The polishes I used are all Kiss nail art polishes in black, white, and silver glitter.  This is how it turned out!

 The first time I tried the feather on was a french manicure I was already sporting.  I used OPI Barre My Soul as the base color.  For the french I used OPI Alpine Snow.  I topped it off with OPI Happy Anniversery.  This added a slight shimmer and kinda cleaned up the edges of the french and places that I didn't get as crisp of a line as I would like.  This feather was my first attempt, and it didn't turn out quite as clean as I had planned.  But hey, not bad for the first shot!


This second look is a little more simple.  I used Pretty Please Preppy Pink as my base color.  The picture shows this as a much paler pink than it really is.  I was able to get a much prettier feather this time.  I feel like this looks really classy and spring appropriate.  
I hope y'all enjoyed this post, and I hope that this inspires you to try new things out yourself!  Have a lovely day!
~ Mary Elizabeth Curl
 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18

No comments:

Post a Comment