Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My First Gradient

Hello Lovelies!
First off, I just want to apologize for being a little MIA.  I have been trying to post from my phone lately, but for some reason they're just not going through.  I will try to post the looks that I like the best from those attempts later this week.  Anyway, today's post is about a new technique I tried: sponge gradient.  I have wanted to try this for a while, but I didn't have the materials I needed.  Now that I do, expect lots more of these types of posts!

I hope you can see the colors ok! First, for the base color, I used OPI Midnight in Moscow.  Then I used a makeup sponge and OPI Glitzerland for the gradient.  I did this by applying a little blob of polish on the tip of the sponge.  Then I lightly dabbed the polish on the tip of my nails and worked my way up.  Some people blot the polish before on a sheet of paper or something before putting it on their nails, but the sponges I use absorb some of the polish, so I don't feel the need to do that.  I think this turned out pretty well.  I like the colors I chose, even though they are not really summer colors.  I hope you enjoyed this post, and I would love it if y'all would put a comment below of any designs you think I should try.  Also, let me know what colors you think would look good with this technique.  I hope y'all have a whimsical Wednesday!
~ Mary Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment