Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mod Mint

Hey Everyone!
I am super excited about today's post!  This is a design I found on pinterest, and I thought it would be fun.  It takes a while to do, but it was totally worth it!  Enjoy!




The base color I used is Julie G Gelato in Venice.  I love the formula of this polish! It is a little thick, but it goes on quite smoothly.  For the white on my middle finger and pinky, I used OPI Alpine Snow, which I desprately need a back up of.  I used a thin nail art brush to draw diagonal lines across those two nails.  I then used the normal polish brush to fill in the top two triangles.  I let that dry and then used my Kiss nail art polish in black to create the other diagonal lines.  This creates an argyle effect.  For the other three fingers I used the same base color and used OPI Berlin There, Done That on one third of  each nail.  I used my silver Kiss nail art polish to add the almost plaid look to the nails.  As you can see, the design isn't perfect, but it was really fun to do and looks super cute :)
I hope y'all enjoyed, and have a terrific Tuesday!
~ Mary Elizabeth
"Your word is a lamp unto my feet, a light on my path" Psalm 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment